The WCRC Scholarship Committee is currently accepting Applications postmarked by May 1, 2019.
Past WCRC Scholarship Recipients
Claire Dawyot of Kennett High School
Lucy Merrill of Henderson High School
Elizabeth Edwards of Unionville High School
Lili Ladner of The Westtown School
Connor McSwain of Henderson High School
Kacie Breeding of Unionville High School
Eric Diestelow of West Chester East High School
Olivia Young of Unionville High School
Madison Matarozzo of Owen J. Roberts High School
About the WCRC Scholarship
The West Chester Running Club (WCRC) awards a scholarship for students graduating from Chester County high schools.
In 2017, the WCRC provided scholarships to two deserving recent high school graduates. Both student athletes demonstrated excellent community service, high academic achievement, and a strong devotion to running, the key attributes that are requirements for consideration of a WCRC Scholarship Award.
Each of our winners wrote eloquently about the significance that running has meant to them and how it helped to shape who they are. We wish all of the scholarship recipients the best of luck in their future academic and running careers.
Courtney Smith, a 2014 recipient of the WCRC scholarship and graduate of Unionville High School, has made national headlines qualifying for the Olympic Trials in the 10K, posting the 8th fastest time in NCAA history.
Each of us in the WCRC should take pride in the legacy that has grown around our annual WCRC Scholarship Award. Beginning with the four $250 scholarships that we awarded in 2002, we have, to date, provided almost $40,000 in scholarships to deserving Chester County high school student athletes.
The process around our Scholarship program never stops. We are always interested in ideas that our Club members have for Scholarship Award fund raising or for enhancing our candidate selection process. If you have questions about the Scholarship Awards, would like to know how you can help, or are interested in contributing to our Scholarship Award endowment, please contact Ann Tierney or Dan Holland.
- has been accepted at an accredited two or four year college or university.
- has been a member of their high school’s cross country and/or track and field teams in grades 11 and 12.
- has demonstrated academic excellence, athletic excellence and leadership qualities.
- is a graduating high school senior from a Chester County, PA public or private school.
Selection will be made by the WCRC Scholarship Committee. The recipient(s) will be notified in late May and the scholarship will be awarded in June 2019.
- Applications should be printed out and returned via US mail to: West Chester Running Club Scholarship, c/o Ann Tierney, 501 East Lafayette Drive, West Chester, PA 19382.
- Include official transcripts, including 12th grade course work/grades and 2 letters of recommendation from supervising adults, which may include your principal, vice-principal, teacher, coach, employer, or religious leader.
APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE POSTMARKED BY MAY 1, 2019 TO BE CONSIDERED. No materials will be returned and please be certain that the application is complete. Please email Ann Tierney (email@example.com) if you have specific questions about the scholarship or this application.