Past WCRC Scholarship Recipients
Chinonye Moneme, West Chester East High School
Jesse Comanda, Kennett High School
Sarah Karaman, Owen J Roberts High School
Caitlyn Sweet, Avon Grove High School
Madison O’Neill, Phoenixville High School
Gavin Maxwell, Kennett Square High School
McKenna Norton, Kennett Square High School
Alicia Stevance, Great Valley High School
Ally Clark, West Chester East High School
Gina Lusvardi, Kennett High School
Lalitha Shanmugasundaram, Downingtown STEM
Megan Baker, Henderson High School
Claire Mobed, West Chester East High School
Joseph Chamoun, Downingtown STEM Academy
Rachel Hyzny, Kennett High School
Claire Dawyot of Kennett High School
Lucy Merrill of Henderson High School
Elizabeth Edwards of Unionville High School
Lili Ladner of The Westtown School
Connor McSwain of Henderson High School
Kacie Breeding of Unionville High School
Eric Diestelow of West Chester East High School
Olivia Young of Unionville High School
Madison Matarozzo of Owen J. Roberts High School
About the WCRC Scholarship
The West Chester Running Club (WCRC) was established in 2000 by a group of close friends who wanted to share their passion for running. WCRC promotes the benefits of health, fitness and competition through running. We support our members and the community with motivation and encouragement to obtain personal goals, create a social atmosphere and form lasting friendships. Our club is dedicated to strengthening self-image, supporting personal success, and providing a source of community involvement.
Every year WCRC awards a scholarship for students graduating from Chester County high schools. Our 2022 scholarship winners are Chinonye Moneme of West Chester East High School, Jesse Comanda of Kennett High School, and Sarah Karaman of Owen J Roberts High School. Congratulations!
Each of these high school seniors compiled amazing resumes involving athletics, scholarship, and community service. All three have college career plans that are not solely focused on individual success but include making a difference in the lives of others. Each winner was humble about receiving a $1,000 Scholarship and expressed thanks and gratitude for the Club’s assistance in continuing their education.
Each of us in the WCRC should take pride in the legacy that has grown around our annual WCRC Scholarship Award. Beginning with the four $250 scholarships that we awarded in 2002, we have, to date, provided close to $50,000 in scholarships to deserving Chester County high school student athletes.
Special acknowledgement also needs to be directed to Ann Tierney who continues to coordinate the Scholarship Award process as well as those who have donated to our Scholarship Fund.
The process around our Scholarship program never stops. We are always interested in ideas that our Club members have for Scholarship Award fund raising or for enhancing our candidate selection process. If you have questions about the Scholarship Awards, would like to know how you can help, or are interested in contributing to our Scholarship Award endowment, please contact Ann Tierney and Dan Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
2022 WCRC Scholarship Eligibility Rules:
- has been accepted at an accredited two- or four-year college or university.
- has been a member of their high school’s cross country and/or track and field teams in grades 11 and 12 (although season(s) may have been cancelled due to Covid-19).
- has demonstrated academic excellence, athletic excellence and leadership qualities.
- is a graduating high school senior from a Chester County, PA public or private school.
Selection will be made by the WCRC Scholarship Committee. The recipient(s) will be notified in late May and the scholarship will be awarded in June 2022.
- Complete the Application Form.
- Provide the following supporting documents:
- official transcript from grades 9-11 (must be sent directly from your school’s Guidance office)
- senior year coursework and grades (report card or transcript)
- one letter of recommendation from either your XC or track and field coach (must be sent directly from your coach or your school’s Guidance office)
- one letter of recommendation from a supervising adult, which may include your principal, viceprincipal, teacher, employer, or religious leader coach (must be sent directly from your reference or your school’s Guidance office)
- APPLICATIONS AND SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS MUST BE RECEIVED BY MAY 1, 2022. We cannot make accommodations for late deliveries.
- Application form and supporting documents should be returned electronically to email@example.com or delivered to
- West Chester Running Club Scholarship
c/o Ann Tierney
501 East Lafayette Drive
West Chester, PA 19382
- West Chester Running Club Scholarship