Annual new membership dues are $25 for an individual member and $40 for a family. Renewal dues are $20 for individuals and $35 for families. Membership runs from January 1 – December 31. New members that join the Club after September have their membership run through December 31 of the following year.
Here’s how the Club uses your annual dues:
- Liability Insurance: By law the club has to carry insurance. We do that through RRCA (Road Runners Club of America). This protects the club from any lawsuits and allows us to legally use local tracks for club events and even to hold races.
- Westtown School Track: The club pays a small annual fee to The Westtown School for the use of their track. As part of our agreement with Westtown, all participants in the Tuesday evening track workouts must be covered by the club’s insurance (and therefore must be official, paid members of the club).
- Kids’ Day at the Races: A portion of the dues goes to help fund the Kid’s Day at the Races which has previously been funded almost exclusively by Bill and Betty Dawson. The Oakbourne Park now charges to use that facility.
- WCRC Scholarship Fund: A portion of the dues goes to help subsidize the Scholarship Fund. This Fund has provided many students with scholarship money over the years (to the tune of over $40,000!).
- Club Social Events: Last but not least, we plan on providing some money for our annual picnic, holiday party and maybe even a tailgate or two at some local races.
Benefits of WCRC membership include:
- Discounts at local businesses, including a 10% discount at Philadelphia Runner, a 5% discount at Downingtown Running Comany and $10 Discount at Loosen Up Muscle Therapy
- Technical T-Shirt or Singlet (First Year)
- Informal and Peer Coaching
- Road Runners Club of America insurance coverage
- Running-related outings and group social events, including club subsidized tailgates at races like the Broad Street Run, monthly happy hours, Club summer party, and Club holiday party.
- Discount at Club sponsored races
- Volunteer opportunities
- Organized Group Runs several times a week
- Meet other runners in your pace group
Thank you for taking the time to join or renew and hope to see all of you soon!